No matter how hard you try, your self-care seems to always get interrupted – even when your child is supposed to be playing on their own. Grr.
What’s a mom to do? First, understand why independent play is such a crucial move for moms, as well as our kids. Then, learn how to encourage it in a way that works.
So, what is independent play? Independent play is when your child is safely occupied, entertaining themselves, preferably with non-stimulating, screen-free play objects. It can look a lotta’ different ways, but that’s the gist.
After 11 years of working with moms, I can promise you that having independent play solidified into your daily schedule is a MASSIVE sanity saver… and a mom “me care“ power move.
This episode will walk you through the hidden culprit of independent play. Then we’ll go through 5 reasons why independent play is such an incredible gift for you and your child – and how it sets you up for years of parenting success!
The hidden culprit that’s sabotaging your well-intentioned play plans: moms often feel like independent play = ignoring your kids.
Your ability to help your child play alone doesn’t have to lead to mom guilt. In fact, it can result in mom gold.
Here are the 5 reasons why independent play is one of the best mom moves you can make:
- Brilliant for their brains.
- Skyrockets your child’s self-confidence.
- Boost resilience.
- Teaches by modeling.
- Supports not only your care, but other areas of your life.
Here’s a glance at this episode…
- [02:46] Benefit #1: Learn how independent play (or boredom) can improve your child’s brain function, including creativity, cognition and more.
- [03:55] Benefit #2: How to help your child feel more confident, have higher self-worth, and create an essential connection with themselves.
- [05:01] Benefit #3: Get a huge resilience boost – and more parent-child bonding – with independent play practice.
- [05:46] Benefit #4: How your own care models a crucial stress management skill for your small people.
- [06:22] Benefit #5: How encouraging these skills makes a massive difference – not only for your care – but lots of other places, too.
Listen in, subscribe, share and self-care.
Click here to listen via Apple Podcasts. If you aren’t yet, please subscribe to the podcast to listen as soon as we release a new episode. Ratings and Reviews are also greatly appreciated and helps me reach more people. Thank you so much!